I love Mexican food. I could eat it every day if I had to! I grew up in Texas where great tasting Mexican food was pretty easy to find. After moving to the East Coast, it was harder to find! Now I enjoy making Mexican food in the comfort of my own home.
If you are looking for a quick, easy, and delicious Mexican dinner that the entire family will enjoy, you need to make this Easy Cheesy Mexican Casserole!
Here’s what you’ll need:
Easy Cheesy Mexican Casserole Recipe
- 1 Bag of Tortilla Chips
- 1 lb. of Ground Beef
- 1 Packet of Taco Seasoning
- 1 15 oz. can of Pinto Beans (undrained)
- 1 15 oz. can of Black Beans (undrained)
- 1 15 oz. can of Diced Tomatoes (optional)
- 1 8 oz. Bag of Shredded Cheese
- 1 Tsp. Pepper
- 1/3 Cup of Water
- Sour Cream (optional)
- 2 Small Onions (thinly sliced)
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Brown the meat in a large skillet.
- After the meat has browned, combine the pinto beans, black beans and diced tomatoes undrained, taco seasoning, pepper, onions and water. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Layer the bottom of a 13X9 casserole dish with half of the bag of tortilla chips.
- Spoon half of the beef and bean mixture on top of the tortilla chips.
- Place the remaining tortilla chips in a layer on top of the mixture.
- Repeat step 4 using the remaining beef and bean mixture.
- Sprinkle an even layer of cheese onto the mixture.
- Place casserole in the oven and bake for about 10 min or until the cheese has melted and has slightly browned.
- Serve with sour cream.