I’ve been cutting carbs for over five months and I’ve lost almost 30 pounds! My friend inspired me to try the low carb diet and she introduced me to almond flour. I didn’t know much about almond flour until this last month. Almond flour seems to be a main ingredient in many low carb recipes since it has a much lower carb content per serving than regular flour. She shared a few of her favorite recipes with me and I was hooked.
Now I’m on my own path towards a healthier lifestyle. I’ve given up regular sugar, cut the sodas, and I’m drinking way more water and eating more vegetables than I ever have. I’m happy to know that I can eat yummy desserts like this and still lose weight and stay satisfied during this new low carb lifestyle. I even have my girls help me in the kitchen. They love to help mommy bake!
This low carb Lime Cheesecake is perfect to have on hand during the summer. I can compare it to a Key Lime Pie! It’s very light, fluffy, and creamy and has the perfect amount of sweetness to it.
Low Carb Lime Cheesecake
- 1 (8 oz.) container whipped cream cheese
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 box of sugar-free lime Jello
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray an even coat of olive oil spray into an 8X8 inch baking dish. Set aside.
- In a medium size mixing bowl, mix together the almond flour, butter, and stevia. Mixture will be crumbly.
- Pour the mixture into the baking dish and press down firmly until an even layer is formed at the bottom of the baking dish.
- Bake crust for 10 minutes or until slightly brown. Set aside and let the crust cool completely before spreading on the filling. (Place in the refrigerator or freezer for about 5 minutes to speed up the process if needed!)
- Using a medium size mixing bowl, mix cream cheese, vanilla extract, heavy cream, and lime Jello mix together well with an electric mixer on high until creamy.
- Pour mixture on top of the crust and spread evenly with a spatula.
- Cover and place in the refrigerator. Allow the lime cheesecake to chill for a few hours before serving. Makes 9-12 servings.
Like this recipe? Find more great recipes here!