This is the season of spices! Cinnamon is one of my FAVORITE spices during the fall season and it’s a spice that I include in several fall recipes. I recently thought about creating a fall pie using a cinnamon toasted cereal. This would give my daughter and I a chance to bake together in the kitchen with one of her favorite kinds of cereal! Baking together in the kitchen is one way I can spend undivided attention with her during the day. I highly recommend having your children get involved in cooking projects with you! It’s fun and quite the learning experience for them.
For this particular fall recipe, we decided to create a Toasty Cinnamon Pumpkin Pie Recipe. Follow below for the ingredients and recipe!
My daughter was excited to help out with everything including opening the cans with a can opener and cracking the eggs! We did lose one egg in the process as we watched it slip and drip all over the floor, but luckily we had one back-up egg and she cracked it like a champ.
After we finished with the messy part, our pie was ready to bake. Once the pie was ready, it was hard to wait to let it cool. I was ready to enjoy a piece of this deliciousness that my daughter and I made together! You may be asking the question, “Can you bake a graham cracker crust?” I had that same question too, but after searching around online, the answer is yes. While I have never tried making or baking my own graham cracker crust in the past, this recipe did in fact turn out delicious. My husband tried a piece (he’s our taste tester) and he was impressed!
While flour crusts are typically used to make pumpkin pie, the graham cracker crust is one you should give a try this fall. We liked the flavor and the crumbly texture once the pie was cooled, along with a spoonful of whipped cream and a pinch of cinnamon on top!
Toasty Cinnamon Pumpkin Pie Recipe Ingredients: Crust:
- 1 pkg. graham crackers (9 cracker sheets)
- 2 cups cinnamon toasted cereal
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 stick of butter
Pumpkin Pie Filling:
- 2 eggs slightly beaten
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 1 12 oz. can evaporated milk
- 1 15 oz. can pumpkin
- Whipped cream
- Combine graham crackers and toasted cinnamon cereal in a one gallon resealable zipper bag. Close the bag.
- Use a rolling pin (or a can of food) to break up the mixture into fine crumbs.
- Add the sugar into the bag and mix together well.
- Melt butter in a large glass mixing bowl.
- Pour the mixture into the butter and stir well. Mixture will be crumbly and moist.
- Press mixture into pie plate until a crust is formed.
- Set aside.
Pumpkin Pie Filling:
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Combine all pumpkin pie filling ingredients together in a mixing bowl and stir well.
- Pour mixture slowly into the cinnamon graham cracker crust and fill to the top.
- Bake for 15 minutes on the bottom oven rack.
- Lower the temperature to 350 degrees.
- Bake for 40-50 minutes, or until a knife inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Allow to cool before serving. Optional: Add whipped topping and a dash of cinnamon.
Enjoy this delicious cinnamon pumpkin pie recipe during the fall season and especially with family and friends! More pumpkin inspired recipes:
Enjoy the recipe and savings!