When people set out to eat healthier and fail, they often give the same old excuses: either they don’t have the time, they don’t have the money, or they simply like eating junk food too much! While I can definitely understand loving junk food, the truth is that eating healthier doesn’t have to involve a lot of time, a lot of expense or even gross, flavorless “health foods.” There are plenty of quick and easy healthy snack ideas that are every bit as delicious as the junk food they’ll replace.
Don’t believe me? Here’s a list of 15 quick and easy healthy snack ideas that my family and I love to eat regularly. Each of these options take five minutes to make at most, and most are simply grab-and-go. They aren’t expensive, they are picky-eater friendly and they’re easy to find at the grocery store.
Add these healthy snack ideas to your next grocery shopping list this week and always keep them on hand. They’ll come in perfect the next time a craving strikes!
Quick and Easy Healthy Snack Ideas
- Orange Slices
- Strawberries or Blueberries with Greek Yogurt
- Tomato and Cucumber Salad
- Strawberry Salad
- Smoothies – I recommend using the Magic Bullet or NutriBullet to prepare your smoothies!
- Oatmeal with fresh fruit – See my Strawberry Walnut Oatmeal recipe!
- Apple slices
- Carrot sticks with hummus
- Dark Chocolate Squares – my favorite chocolate, and it’s organic! I eat about 2-4 squares per day! It takes me a few days to go through one entire bar!
- Celery with peanut butter and raisins
- Just Peas – freeze-dried peas! I eat these daily!
- Cottage cheese with strawberries
- Hard boiled eggs
What snack choices would you add to this list?
Related: 5 After School Snack Ideas
Leave a Reply