Disclosure: I received a prize pack provided by General Mills through MyBlogSpark in exchange for a post.
I was browsing the aisles at Target one afternoon, trying to stick to my list. Target is one of those places where I can go in with one item on my list and check out with a cart full of items. If I’m shopping alone without the kids, you can be sure I’ll stay for at least an hour or two looking around at all the cool things Target has to offer and spending way more than I need to!
As I was heading to check out, I saw Target’s Exclusive Retro Monster Cereal available – perfect for Halloween!
I knew my girls would love this cereal because they love cereal with marshmallows, plus I had a fun recipe in mind! There’s also a special promotion going on right now where you can buy three General Mills Monster Cereals in a single shopping trip at Target between October 1 through October 31, 2013 and receive a free Monster Bash Magazine! The magazine is full of recipes, tips and tricks for you to have the creepiest, scariest, spookiest, most fun Halloween ever!
Yummy Mummy Cereal Bars Recipe
6 cups of Fruity Yummy Mummy Cereal (or any other Retro Monster Cereal)
5 cups of Marshmallows
3 Tbsp. Butter
- In a large microwavable bowl, microwave the butter until melted.
- Combine the marshmallows with the melted butter and stir until marshmallows are coated.
- Microwave the marshmallows and butter mixture until mixture is melted completely.
- Stir mixture until well blended.
- Add in the cereal and mix together until cereal is coated with the marshmallow mixture.
- Press mixture into a 13X9 inch pan.
- Wait until the cereal bars have cooled, then cut into squares.
What Retro Monster Cereal would you like to try?