The kids have been home for summer break for almost one month now. I’ve been trying my best to keep the kids busy and entertained this summer with both indoor and outdoor activities. We go to the pool on a regular basis and we also spend time indoors coloring, playing games, watching t.v. and whatever else we can find to do to pass up time during these hot summer months! As a mom, the summer routine can be a bit hectic. While it’s nice to skip the alarm clocks during the summer and snooze more often, you may be feeling overwhelmed if it’s your responsibility to entertain the kids all summer. By now, you may be seeking more alone time to yourself and needing time away from the kids! Summer will fly by, but until then, take some time to relax!
5 Ways for Moms to Relax this Summer
1. Sleep in. I love the summer because I don’t have to set the alarm clock! Use this time to sleep in if your kids sleep in, too. If you are an early riser, use the quiet time for yourself and enjoy a hot cup of coffee in peace!
2. Take advantage of nap times. Catch up on your favorite shows or read a book during your child’s nap time (or take a nap, too!)
3. Join a gym with childcare. If you are feeling overwhelmed by having the kids at home all day, consider joining a gym that offers childcare. Some gyms offer to watch your children for up to 2 hours while you
take naps in the locker room workout.
4. Plan a bubble bath regularly. Schedule an evening bubble bath one or two days a week after dad gets home. Sneak away for a bath time retreat while dad handles the kids.
5. Enjoy your favorite treats in a quite place. I like to sit out on the back porch in the lounge chair in the evenings after a long day and enjoy my favorite wholesome summer treats.
Moms: Don’t forget to take time to relax this summer!
Leave a Reply