Creating a homework area for kids during the back to school season is important! Check out the best kids’ desks for back to school and create a space for your child to do his or her homework.
The back to school season is here! My three kids already started school this year, face to face. I have a 6th grader, 3rd grader, and a preschooler this year.
My youngest two kids don’t have homework this year, but my oldest child does. In fact, we are just now seeing the homework load picking up. I am working hard to teach my daughter good study skills. It is part of my job I believe as a mom to help make sure she has a quiet space at home to work at to complete her homework each night!
How to Help Your Child With Homework
How to Help a Gifted Child with Homework
Have you considered where your child will be completing his or her homework this year? It’s always a great idea to have a quiet space set aside for your child to be able to complete his/her homework each night. Usually this means setting up a small desk or table of some sort and providing items like pencils, notebook paper, and other supplies that will make homework nights a breeze.
Don’t forget! >>> Desk Organizers and Accessories <<<
How Do I Select the Best Desk for Kids?
Answer these questions before selecting a kids desk that is right for your child.
- How long will my child use this desk? Will this desk “grow” with them as they enter high school or college?
- How much do I want to spend on a desk? Consider setting a budget. Just remember, you’ll also want a high quality desk if you need it to last a long time. Sometimes it’s okay to pay more for a desk that will last longer.
- How much desktop space will my child need? Will your child need to use a computer or laptop on this desk with other books and supplies?
- Where will I put the desk? Will the desk go in the bedroom, office area, living room area? Is there enough space in this area for the desk?
- Does the desk need to have extra storage space? Look for a desk that has extra drawers or shelving if your child requires more space to hold supplies and other school materials.
- Is the desk sturdy and well made? Consider reading reviews on desks before making the purchase to see how the desk holds up for others that have purchased the same desk.
Best Kids’ Desks for Back to School
Below, you will find a round up of desks to choose from to create a homework station for your child!
Guidecraft Children’s Media Desk and Chair Set
(available in white, blue, lavender, teal, grey)
Guidecraft Taiga Desk, Hutch and Chair
Martha Stewart Living and Learning Kids’ Desk with Hutch and Chair Set
(available in grey and white)
KidKraft Wooden Study Desk (ages 5-10)
KidKraft Avalon Wooden Children’s Desk (ages 5-10)
KidKraft Study Desk with Chair
Martha Stewart Living and Learning Kids’ Media System with Desk
UTEX Corner Desk with Storage and Hutch for Small Space
Flexispot Kids Table Standing Desk
Are you homeschooling this year?
Tips for Beginning Homeschoolers (Includes free printable planners)
How to Create a Relaxed Homeschool Environment
Homeschool Tips: What is Deschooling?
More Back to School Resources:
How to Get Organized This School Year
Ways to Help Your Child Succeed At School When You’re Pressed for Time
How to Create a Peaceful Routine for Back-to-School
Why You Should Get a Tutor for Your Child
Back to School Supplies:
Back to School Supplies Bundles for Elementary/Middle School
Leave a Reply