Learn how to make basic slime with Borax! Borax is a common ingredient found in some slime recipes. This tutorial shows you how to make your own slime.
My girls have been begging me to make slime for quite some time now! We do a lot of arts, crafts, and activities together, but slime making was on their wish list. I finally made it out to the store recently to gather the supplies needed to make slime and surprised my girls with this fun activity last weekend. Making slime can get very messy, but that’s the fun part since I allow my girls to get messy during projects like these.
How to Make Basic Slime with Borax
- 1/2 cup school glue
- 1/2 cup of water
- food coloring (4-6 drops) *We like using the neon colors!
- glitter (optional)
- 1 tsp. Borax
- 1 cup of water
1. In the first bowl, mix 1/2 c. glue and 1/2 c. water. Add food coloring.
2. In the second bowl, mix 1 tsp. Borax with 1 c. water.
3. Add mixture from the first bowl to the mixture of the second bowl and stir slowly. Slime will begin to form.
4. After stirring, knead with hands until all slime has been made. There may be water leftover. Simply pour out the leftover water.
Once slime has been formed, it’s playtime! Store slime in plastic zipper baggies to use for another time.
We made two different colors of slime including blue and pink. We were able to make two batches of slime and there was plenty of slime for both of the girls to play with! Once they were finished playing with their slime, we stored the slime in small plastic zipper baggies to save for another time.
Check out how cool the slime looks! My oldest daughter was thrilled to see what she could do with her slime!