Cinco de Mayo is only a few days away!
Do you have any special plans to celebrate? One of our favorite ways to celebrate is by cooking several delicious recipes to share with the family!
We love Mexican food and enjoy Mexican food as a family at least once a week.
This year, I decided to try Cheesy Beefy Quesadillas, a recipe the whole family loves, including my toddler!
This recipe is toddler approved. Just ask my three year old. She enjoyed dipping her quesadillas in the salsa last night at dinner time!
- Old El Paso Soft Tortillas
- 1 lb. ground beef
- Taco seasoning packet
- 3/4 cup of water
- Shredded Cheese
Optional Toppings or Dipping Sauces: Old El Paso Thick & Chunky Salsa, Refried Beans, or Green Chiles
“Avocados From Mexico” for the Guacamole — see my Guacamole recipe!
1. Brown beef in a skillet.
2. Add taco seasoning and 3/4 cup of water.
3. Sprinkle shredded cheese on one side of a soft tortilla, then add a layer of ground beef.
4. Add one more layer of shredded cheese on top of ground beef and top with another soft tortilla.
5. Place quesadillas onto the grill and grill until slightly browned. (My husband does the grilling in our family!)
We like to use non-stick foil on top of the grill to prevent our food from sticking to the grill!
Serve and enjoy!