When people set out to eat healthier and fail, they often give the same old excuses: either they don’t have the time, they don’t have the money, or they simply like eating junk food too much! While I can definitely understand loving junk food, the truth is that eating healthier doesn’t have to involve a lot of time, a lot of expense or even gross, flavorless “health foods.” There are plenty of quick and easy healthy snack ideas that are every bit as delicious as the junk food they’ll replace.
Don’t believe me? Here’s a list of 15 quick and easy healthy snack ideas that my family and I love to eat regularly. Each of these options take five minutes to make at most, and most are simply grab-and-go. They aren’t expensive, they are picky-eater friendly and they’re easy to find at the grocery store.
If you’re ready to make 2015 your healthiest year yet, don’t let the same old excuses get in your way. Decide that your health matters, and take steps to achieve the great health you want, while still respecting your time and your budget. It CAN be done, and these 15 healthy snacks will get you off to a great start.
Add these healthy snack ideas to your next grocery shopping list this week and always keep them on hand. They’ll come in perfect the next time a craving strikes!
1. Orange Slices
2. Strawberries or Blueberries with Greek Yogurt
4. Tomato Slices
5. Fruit smoothies – I recommend using the Magic Bullet or NutriBullet to prepare your smoothies!
6. Spinach Salad
8. Oatmeal with fresh fruit – See my Strawberry Walnut Oatmeal recipe!
9. Apple slices
10. Carrot sticks with hummus
11. Dark Chocolate Squares – my favorite chocolate, and it’s organic! I eat about 2-4 squares per day! It takes me a few days to go through one entire bar!
12. Celery with peanut butter and raisins
13. Just Peas – freeze-dried peas! I eat these daily!
14. Cottage cheese with strawberries
15. Hard boiled eggs
Are you trying to eat healthier or lose weight this year? How is it going so far? What other healthy snacks does your family love?