Learn how to make this adorable Unicorn Candy Machine! This simple craft is fun to make. Create yours today and place your child’s favorite candy inside!
I love getting my daughters involved in crafting and putting their imaginations to work. When I told my girls we were going to be making faux candy “machines” my youngest daughter immediately said, “I want to make mine a unicorn!” Unicorns seem to be everywhere right now and a favorite among most little girls, so I was all too excited about her idea. We made two different versions of the unicorn, but these could easily be transformed into your child’s favorite character!
Unicorn Candy Machine
- 4” Terra-cotta pot (or bigger if you prefer)
- 4” Terra-cotta saucer
- Acrylic paints
- Adhesive spray
- Crayola air-dry clay
- Paper flowers
- Pink and white felt
- 3/8” wing nut
- Hot glue gun
- Feathery boa
- Glass fish bowl or small mason jar with lid
1. Use the Crayola clay to make your horn and let dry overnight. We cut the base of our horn at an angle. Paint once it is dry (it will still be soft, but it’s ok).
2. Paint terra-cotta pot and saucer. Spray with adhesive spray and then sprinkle glitter and allow time to dry.
3. Place pot top down on your work surface. This will be the base of your “machine.” Hot glue the fish bowl (or mason jar) to the top of the base. Place saucer top down on top of the bowl.
4. Hot glue the wing nut to the base as the “knob” to your machine.
Now it’s time to accessorize!
5. Cut ears for your unicorn using the felt. The white will be the outer year and the pink will be the inner ear. Glue the two pieces together and then glue the ears to the top of your machine.
6. Trim feathery boa to fit around the base of your bowl and hot glue.
7. Glue the horn on the center of the top, towards the front.
8. Hot glue your paper flowers around the base of the horn and use black pain to draw the eyes and lashes on the front of the bowl.
Find more great crafts and activities here!
More Unicorn Themed Ideas:>> Click here to sign up for my email list and get access to my FREE printable library!