Disclosure: My toddler is a picky eater. That’s why I was happy to try Enfagrow products as a part of this sponsored program.
Before I became a mother, I thought I would be able to persuade my children to eat just about anything I put in front of them. I knew that they would have no problem eating fruits, vegetables, whole grains, and more. I would judge other moms if I saw their children eating junk food and promised myself that I wouldn’t be that mom. Well, truth is, after I became a mother, I realized that I did become “that mom.”
I can’t say that my children have a perfectly healthy diet, but we are making big improvements. When I went to my daughter’s two year wellness checkup recently, I found out that she’s a bit underweight for her age. It’s tough to hear that as a mother! I felt that I wasn’t feeding her enough and was a bit discouraged. After leaving the appointment, I found myself researching ways to add more calories to her diet as well as what supplements to try so that she could gain weight and get the quality nutrition that she needed to be strong and healthy.
Dealing with a picky eater can be difficult, but be patient! If you’d like to know how we are making improvements with our toddler’s diet, read these 5 tips for picky eaters.
5 Tips for Picky Eaters
1. Allow your toddler to experience a variety of healthy snacks. Fill an ice cube tray with finger food snacks including fruits, veggies, and whole grains. Allow your toddler to explore their tray of healthy foods and you’ll be able to get a good idea of what new foods that he/she prefers. My five year old also loves these snack trays! We don’t use them every day, but when I do prepare them, they get so excited when they try something new from their tray, and I’m excited for them!
2. Offer nutrient dense foods for your toddler during mealtimes and at snack time. Examples of nutrient dense foods include peanut butter, Greek yogurt, eggs, cheese, sweet potatoes, and avocados.
3. Cut healthy foods into shapes. Use cookie cutters to cut a variety of healthy snacks into cool shapes including stars, hearts, dinosaurs, and more! Make food fun!
4. Plant a garden. Plant a small garden full of fruits and veggies! Use containers if you are limited on space. Allow your toddler to help care for the garden as well as pick the fruits and vegetables when they are ripe. Toddlers may be more interested in eating foods that they were able to help grow.
5. Supplement with Enfagrow Toddler Drinks. Toddlers don’t always get the nutrition they need from the foods they eat. Supplement with Enfagrow to help bridge this gap. Since adding Enfagrow toddler drinks to our two year old toddler’s diet, we’ve seen major improvements. These toddler drinks are nutritionally tailored for toddlers from one to three years old. Enfagrow toddler drinks have DHA – an omega-3 fatty acid and building block for the brain.
Did you know that 85% of brain growth happens within the first three years of a child’s life? It is important during the toddler years to maintain the recommended levels of DHA! You can find naturally occurring DHA in fatty fishes, but I can almost guarantee that my toddler won’t be eating any fish. That’s why I’m glad that Enfagrow makes a product that my toddler loves! I know that she is getting important vitamins and nutrients when I supplement with Enfagrow!
Enfagrow is sold in a powder or convenient ready-to-drink boxes, perfect if you are an on-the-go mom like me! We like to take the ready-to-drink boxes on vacation with us because we know that it’s especially hard to stay on a good eating routine when traveling!
To learn more about the benefits of DHA in your toddler’s diet, go here! Getting a picky eater to eat healthy foods can be a challenge, but the tips above can help. My best advice from one mother to another is to NOT GIVE UP! Keep trying! I’ll be right there with you experimenting along the way. Here’s to great toddler nutrition!
Is your toddler a picky eater? What tips do you have for picky eaters?
Enter for a chance to win an Enfagrow gift package (ARV $38) that will include the following:
•One Toddler Transitions Can (21oz.)
•One Toddler Next Step Natural Milk Flavor Can (24oz.)
To enter for a chance to win, leave a comment below and tell me what you love about Enfagrow and why you want your toddler to try it!
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE 50 UNITED STATES AND D.C. 18 YEARS AND OLDER ARE WHO ALREADY HAVE INTERNET ACCESS AND VALID E-MAIL ADDRESSES ARE ELIGIBLE TO PARTICIPATE. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. Promotion begins 9/8/2014 at 12:00 AM PST and ends at 11:59 PM PST on 9/24/2014. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received. Official Rules, eligibility, prize descriptions and odds disclosure are available here. Sponsor: Mead Johnson & Company, LLC, 2400 West Lloyd Expressway, Evansville, IN 47721.
Disclosure: I received compensation and free Enfagrow for this post. Enfagrow would be happy to help you with your question. Please contact them at 1-800-BABY-123.