I’m a proud mom of three beautiful children. Some of the greatest memories I have and hold on to are the moments that led up to the birth of each of my children. I love to look back and think about all of the moments I went through during each pregnancy including food cravings, smells, appointments, my growing belly, belly kicks, and even the much dreaded (but well worth it) labor pains.
The birth of a new baby is an exciting time. This holiday season, if you have a family member or friend expecting a new baby, consider these gifting options for moms-to-be!
- Gift certificate for a prenatal massage.
When I was pregnant with my first child, a dear friend gifted me a gift certificate to get a prenatal massage. It was my very first massage EVER and it was an amazing experience! I had to lay on my sides only for obvious reasons (hello, big belly!) That was nine years ago and I will never forget it. My tired, pregnant body needed some pampering.
- Pregnancy journal.
I created journals for each of my pregnancies. I still have access to the journals and it’s neat to be able to go back and read through them. When they are older, I’ll be able to pass the journals on to each child.
- Support pillow.
My pregnancy support pillows were a MUST-HAVE item as a mom to be. In fact, I held on to my pregnancy pillow from my third baby. He’s now 16 months old and I still love using it. I could get quality sleep with my pillows.
- Maternity photo shoot.
Gift a mom-to-be a maternity photo shoot! I’ll admit that we didn’t take professional photos with either pregnancy. I do regret not having some professional photos made. I took photos with my own camera or my selfie stick! I wish I had hired a professional to take more great belly shots.
- A well-stocked hospital bag.
Consider creating a well-stocked hospital bag for a new mom-to-be. Include must-have items and don’t forget to add a list of personal items that she can add to the bag. Items can include: socks, travel sized hair products, toothbrush, toothpaste, soap, extra-long feminine pads, hair bands, snacks, and drinks like bottled water.
- Pampering gift basket.
Create a pampering gift basket with pregnancy friendly products that will help mom-to-be feel pampered. Include items like belly cream for stretch marks, manicure set, lip balm, parenting magazines, etc.
- Cord Blood Banking.
Did you know that cord blood stem cells and cord tissue have huge potential? With the holidays around the corner, I’ve been learning about the value of a newborn’s stem cells and how cord blood and tissue banking may be the perfect gift for the holidays. I would definitely consider cord blood banking in the future if we decide to have more children! Especially now that I know that this gift has the potential to change a family member’s life.
Here’s why I’d consider cord blood and cord tissue banking and why I think it’d be a great gift idea:
- Your baby’s umbilical cord is made of tissue and contains blood, both of which are rich sources of powerful stem cells.
- Cord blood stem cells have been used for many years in the treatments of various cancers, and blood, immune, and metabolic disorders.* Preserving these powerful cells now, means they are available as a potential future resource for your family.
- Not only are these stem cells used currently in transplant medicine, but they may offer benefits in potential future uses, like regenerative medicine.
How to Get Setup with CBR:
There are 5 simple steps:
- Enroll with CBR online or call CBR at 1-888-240-1996
- CBR ships you a collection kit
- Bring your kit to the hospital on your big day
- Call the medical courier after your baby is born and the cord blood and cord tissue have been collected by your healthcare professional
- Relax. CBR handles the rest and will notify you when they receive your collection kit.