The Sauteed Cabbage with Bacon recipe is a tradition of ours each year. We make this recipe every New Year’s Day. This tradition started with our own families making the dish and it’s been carried on for years and will be a favorite of ours at the start of every new year! It’s easy to make and tastes delicious!
Sauteed Cabbage with Bacon Recipe
- 1 Head of Cabbage
- 1 Small Onion
- 4 Strips of Bacon
- Salt and Pepper
- Chop up cabbage and small onion.
- Fry 4 strips of bacon in a large frying pan and then chop up. Set aside. *I recommend using this jumbo cooker! We cook just about everything in it!
- Sautee onions in remaining bacon fat.
- Slowly add cabbage, stir and add more cabbage as cabbage cooks down.
- Add salt and pepper and serve!
Check out more recipes here!