Baked Ziti has become a favorite of ours over the last few years! In fact, when I have visitors over or if I have to make meals for families in need, this is my go-to-recipe. The Easy Cheesy Baked Ziti recipe is so easy and perfect for busy moms out there if you need a dinner idea that the whole family will enjoy! If you follow this recipe, you’ll be sure to have plenty to eat and most likely, a little leftover for the next night! Do you like to freeze meals? Divide this recipe in half and freeze half for another day.
Check out more easy recipes for busy moms before you leave!
- 1 Box of Ziti Noodles
- 2 Jars of Spaghetti Sauce
- 2.25 lbs. ground beef
- 1 onion
- 1 lb. Mozzarella cheese
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Brown ground beef in a large deep skillet. I use my favorite jumbo skillet when I make this recipe!
- Add two jars of spaghetti sauce to the beef and stir well.
- Simmer on low heat.
- Cut onion into thin slices. In a small skillet, saute with olive oil until onions are caramelized.
- Pour onions into the beef mixture and stir until mixed.
- In a large pot, boil two quarts of water.
- Add Ziti noodles and boil for 10-11 minutes, stirring well so the noodles don’t stick together.
- Add desired amount of Ziti noodles to beef mixture and mix together well.
- Scoop mixture into a 13 X 9 baking pan.
- Sprinkle mozzarella cheese on top until covered.
- Sprinkle with pepper for added flavor.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes, or until cheese is slightly browned.